Office of Multicultural Affairs
Greetings and welcome to the Office of Multicultural Affairs web site. Jackson College is deeply committed to serving the diverse citizens of the greater Jackson, Hillsdale and Lenawee counties. It is our utmost desire to continue to provide an atmosphere that is warm, engaging and rich in cultural diversity. Jackson College has a long standing tradition of providing the greater Jackson community with culturally rich, educational and entertaining programs. We also provide our students with a variety of opportunities to get involved in diverse student organizations, including the Global Student Organization and the Multicultural Student Organization. These organizations provide our students with the opportunity to take a leading role in campus and community leadership.
The school year is under way and we have scheduled a host of culturally rich programs and events. We are looking forward to sharing another wonderful year with the many citizens from the greater Jackson area.
Jackson College's Council of Inclusion and Diversity is to serve as an advisory, planning, and action committee on issues of diversity within the College community. In fulfilling this mission, the Council will:
- Promote a positive attitude toward diversity and serve as an active voice for the institutional changes and cultural learning required of a diverse college community.
- Promote research and serve as a resource on issues of diversity.
- Promote dialogue on issues of diversity.
- Promote a curriculum sensitive to diversity.
- Uphold the vision and purpose of JC's commitment to inclusion and diversity.