Office of Multicultural Relations
Sisters of Strength
Jackson College's Sisters of Strength is a service and leadership initiative whose mission is to inspire members to stay in college, advance academically, serve their community and become the women they dream to be.
Jackson College's Sisters of Strength is a first-class student leadership organization whose focus is establishing a community of support and sisterhood which promotes service learning, academic achievement, networking, accountability and personal and professional development of females of color.
JC Sisters of Strength is open to all JC female students. Members are expected to be committed to their academic success, professional development and available to attend Sisters of Strength meetings and functions.
Yearly Events Include:
- Mentoring elementary, middle, and high school students
- Networking: Meeting your business owners and elected and community leaders
- Speaking engagements at community events
- Community service projects
- Study sessions (one-on-one/group)
Meetings are held every Wednesday from noon - 1 p.m. in Bert Walker Hall room 215.