Office of Multicultural Relations
It is the policy of Jackson College that no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status, or handicap, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be responsible for or which it receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.
Jackson College's Council of Inclusion and Diversity is to serve as an advisory, planning, and action committee on issues of diversity within the College community. In fulfilling this mission, the Council will:
- Promote a positive attitude toward diversity and serve as an active voice for the institutional changes and cultural learning required of a diverse college community.
- Promote research and serve as a resource on issues of diversity.
- Promote dialogue on issues of diversity.
- Promote a curriculum sensitive to diversity.
- Uphold the vision and purpose of JC's commitment to inclusion and diversity.