High School Students
Preparing for College: 10th Grade
Way to go, you've mastered the first year of high school. Here are some points to think about as a sophomore to help you stay on track and reach your goals:
- Continue to take challenging core classes.
- Meet with your school counselor or mentor to discuss colleges.
- Get involved, join clubs or groups, play sports and volunteer.
- Take the PLAN® Test when offered, usually in the Fall, a practice test for the ACT test. You may also take the PSAT® in preparation for next year.
- Get reading. Reading builds vocabulary, improves concentration and boosts writing skills.