High School Students
Preparing for College: 12th Grade
You're on the homestretch. Stay focused and work hard! Here are some points to think about as a senior to help you stay on track and reach your goals:
- Work hard all year: second semester grades can affect scholarship eligibility.
- Apply to the colleges you have chosen. Follow the instructions and pay attention to deadlines!
- Retake ACT or SAT tests if scores weren’t what you hoped for.
- Encourage your parents to complete their income tax forms early.
- Submit your FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov, as early as possible, usually by February.
- Review acceptance letters and compare financial aid packages. Notify the school you plan to attend of your commitment and submit any required financial deposit.