JC is a Tobacco-Free Environment
Jackson College is committed to protecting the health of students, staff, faculty and guests by prohibiting the use and/or sale of tobacco products on all college properties. No person shall use, ingest, chew, smoke or sell tobacco products at any time or in any place on college properties, including sidewalks within the boundaries of any JC campus. This policy shall extend to all properties owned, operated, leased or maintained by JC, including JC@LISD TECH, Clyde LeTarte Center and Jackson County Airport Center.
No person shall use, ingest, chew, smoke or sell tobacco products at any time or in any place on JC properties, including sidewalks within the boundaries of any JC campus.
This policy applies to all of the following:
- Jackson College and all properties owned, operated, leased or maintained by JC including JC@LISD TECH, Clyde LeTarte Center, Hillsdale, and Jackson County Airport Flight Center.
- Parking lots and ramps, including college vehicles, and all college equipment, such as golf carts, gators and Kubotas. Personal vehicles are excluded.
- College employees, contractors, vendors, contracted employees, students, volunteers, and any other members of the public while on property owned, operated, leased or maintained by JC.
- Tobacco products include tobacco used for any purpose including but not limited to: cigar, cigarette, pipe smoking, and smokeless tobacco.
- Centers include any facility in which JC owns, operates, leases or maintains. When JC is offering classes or services owned and operated by another entity (classes at area high schools and services at such locations at SCMW! offices), JC employees and students will adhere to those entities rules and regulations.
- Paid Work Time does not include scheduled breaks or meal times off campus, travel in a personal vehicle, work at home or time spent at off-site meetings and conferences. It is expected that employees will adhere to the smoking restrictions in force at the off-site locations where they are dining and/or attending meetings and conferences.
The enforcement of this policy is placed as a responsibility on all members of the College administration and campus security. Individuals, studying, working or visiting Jackson College are expected to cooperate with the tobacco-free policy and persons that repeatedly disregard the policy will be subject to the appropriate disciplinary action. Contact Human Resources, Campus Security and/or Student Services if you have any questions regarding this policy.