Services for Adrian and Hillsdale Students
Books by Mail: The Library Comes to You!
Books-by-Mail is a JCC Library service provided to students and faculty who are without a convenient way to get Library materials. Through this service, books, audio and video materials can be sent to your Center, or mailed directly to you, free of charge.
Receiving Your Library Materials
- An active library card is required to borrow materials through JCC's Atkinson Library.
- Already have a JCC Library card? You're ready to place requests.
- Don't have a card yet? To obtain a library card, visit Atkinson Library, or the main office at either Center, and present one piece of identification showing your current name and address. If this is not possible, contact the ILL Librarian, (517-787-0800 x8353) and arrangement will be made.
- Once registered with an active library card, you may request specific items. This is easily done through the Research Databases - select any of the FirstSearch or CINAHL databases. Or, send an email or a fax describing your needs, and materials will be recommended for you. (Reference, non-circulating materials and overnight materials are excluded from this service).
- Items will be sent directly to you in nylon shipping bags. Books may be kept for three weeks, audio and video materials for one week. Renewals may be possible; if renewing JCC items through TeleCirc or the OPAC (Online Catalog) you will be required to supply your Library card number, your 4-digit PIN, and the barcode number of the material.
Returning Your Library Materials
- Each shipment you receive includes a return label. Follow the return instructions included with the item(s), and send them back to JCC, at no cost to you.
- Standard library fees will be charged for lost and damaged materials.
- A $10 fee will be charged for any bag that is not returned to the Library.
- You can drop off returning materials at the JCC @ LISD-Tech or Hillsdale Center offices. If a postal carrier will not pick up Books-by-Mail bags from your mail box, bags must be take to a Post Office .
What are my Responsibilities?
Please handle the items with care; return books in the shipping bags in which they are received, securing them with the zip-tie included; return books by due date.
Who do I contact with Questions?
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Librarian by email, by phone 517-787-0800 x8352 or by fax 517-796-8623
Atkinson Library, JC • 2111 Emmons Road • Jackson, Michigan 49201-8399 • Phone: 517.796.8622 • Email