For immediate release
Broadway Revue spring spectacular presents best in song & dance on stage
Jackson Community College’s own show troupe, Broadway Revue Jazz/Show Singers and Band, will present its annual spring spectacular at 8 p.m. May 7 & 8, 2010, in the Harold Sheffer Music Hall, Potter Center.
This family-friendly event is a singing, dancing, full-scale musical treat. Audience members will enjoy a variety of hits, including:
- A medley of songs from the smash Broadway hit and movie, Chicago;
- A tribute to American musical genius, Cole Porter, which includes Too Darn Hot, Now You Has Jazz, I Love Paris, and more;
- A rousing medley of dance tunes from the 1980s, which includes I Wanna Dance with Somebody, I Love Rock ‘n Roll, Let’s Hear It For the Boy, Thriller, Footloose, All Night Long, and more;
- Classic Broadway and movie tunes, including Joyful, Joyful (Sister Act II), I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair and Nothin’ Like a Dame (South Pacific), and many more;
- Top pop and jazz tunes, such as Sunday Kind of Love, And So It Goes, It Don’t Mean a Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing. We Are the World, and others;
- A patriotic salute, and much more!
The group is directed by Keith and Joann Drayton, and co-directed by Stephen R. Murphy. Reserved seats for adults are $12 adults, $10 for seniors and students. Children 6 and under are free. Group rates are available. Tickets are available by calling 517.796.8600, or at the door.