For immediate release
JCC signs volleyball players for coming year
Jackson Community College signed several volleyball players for the 2010-11 season recently.
- Annie DeLong is a 6-foot middle hitter/outside hitter from Coldwater and plays for the Coldwater High School Cardinals. A senior this year, her honors include All-State third team and All-Conference.
- Bethany Hanson is a 2008 graduate of Concord High School who has previously attended Grand Valley State University. While playing for the Concord Yellow Jackets, she received All-State, All-Conference and All-Region honors for volleyball and All-Conference honors for basketball. She was a member of the National Honor Society, honor roll every year, and was Academic-All-Conference for volleyball, basketball and softball.
- Taylre Reed, 5-foot 9-inch outside from Clark Lake who plays for the Columbia Central Eagles. A 2010 senior, she received All-Area honors from the Jackson Citizen Patriot, All-Conference, All-Regional and All-State Honorable Mention honors. She was also a Scholar Athlete from 2007-2010.
- Megan Smith, 5-foot 9-inch outside hitter/middle hitter from Lansing and senior at Grand Ledge High School, where she played for the Comets. She received All-Conference, All-Region, and Most Valuable Player honors, played varsity volleyball three years, and was part of the 2008 state gymnastics champion team. She was also on the honor roll at Grand Ledge.
- Hillary Tuttila is a 5-foot 10-inch outside hitter from Williamston who played for the Williamston High School Hornets. A 2010 senior, she received All-Conference honors in 2007, 2008 and 2009, was honorary captain in 2008, and co-captain in 2009.
“I am really excited about this year’s recruiting class,” said Leigh Ann Swihart, volleyball coach. “These young ladies bring great skill, passion for the game, and the desire to win. I feel that this class along with the returning sophomores will lift this program to the next level.”