For immediate release
Kids College offers young people summer fun
Jackson Community College will welcome young people to campus again this summer for a week of interactive special sessions just for them, Kids College, June 21-25, on the Jackson campus.
Kids College is a series of fun sessions designed for boys and girls ages 9-13 to help develop imaginations in a setting that is supportive and nurturing. Morning sessions run from 9 a.m. to noon and afternoon sessions from 1-4 p.m. Cost is $60 per first session and $45 for additional sessions. For more information, contact: Brandy Grajek, 796.8582, e-mail:GrajekBrandyJ@jccmi.edu, or visit the web site: http://www.jccmi.edu/Community/Summer_Camps.htm.
This year’s sessions include:
- Session One: Show Biz Kids, 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Explore the secrets of performing onstage as a singing group - using choreography and gesture to bring zing to your singing.
- Session Two: CSI Kids, 9 a.m. to 12 noon. A week of sleuthing and crime solving! Learn some of the techniques used to solve crimes. Take part in examining a mock crime scene. Learn how to fingerprint and how fingerprints are used in crime scene investigation.
- Session Three: Playing Picasso, 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Be creative with your pencil and paper. Have fun learning drawing techniques and secrets. Be the artist and see your surroundings in a whole new way. Get ready, get set and draw!
- Session Four: Jazz It Up, 1-4 p.m. Explore your own unique and creative expression through dance and movement. Improvise with energy, joyfully concentrate on dancing with pizzazz. Experiment with different dance styles. Create and perform your own individual and group dances. Learn about costuming, sets and planning a dance performance.
- Session Five: Hairy Potter, 1-4 p.m. Get your hands into clay, work on the potter’s wheel and have fun. Make toad houses, gargoyles and shakers — your own creations that you can take home with you.
- Session Six: Enter Stage Right, 1-4 p.m. Enjoy a week of theatre learning and fun – acting workshops, acting warm ups, theatre decorum, make up demonstrations, theatre lingo, exploring the theatre upstage, down stage, backstage, and under the stage. Write and perform your own short play.