For immediate release
Free medical screenings available at Health Wise event
Jackson Community College and Allegiance Health will offer the second annual Health Wise Screening Event, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 in the Potter Center on the JCC campus.
Community residents may choose from a variety of health screening services available free of charge, including:
- Vascular screenings available, appointment necessary, call 888.335.7241. This is a non-invasive screening to check blood flow in your neck, abdomen and ankles.
- Blood pressure screening
- Pulmonary function testing
- Body Mass Index (BMI) reading
- Pulse oximetry screening
- Cholesterol testing (results will be mailed to the family physician and patient)
- EKG screening
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Testing (COPD)
- Glucose testing
- Glaucoma screening by TLC Eyecare and Laser Centers
Vascular surgeon Dr. Paul Corcoran will deliver a keynote address at 10:30 a.m. in the Federer Room A, Potter Center, on vascular awareness. JCC students from the allied health programs will be assisting in this event, as well as area professional health care personnel.
All services are free. Jackson Transportation Authority will be offering free bus rides to and from the event. There will also be raffles, healthy snacks and beverages available.