For immediate release
'They're Playing Our Song' to take stage last two weekends of October
When Jackson Community College presents the musical comedy “They’re Playing Our Song” the last two weekends of October, it truly will be a student production.
“With this production, we are truly trying to feature our students in all sorts of roles,” said Sandy DiCesare, coordinator of educational theater. JCC staff and alumni are helping to mentor students in music and vocals, supervise students with set construction, work with backstage crew, and students are welcome to play in the pit orchestra.
“They’re Playing Our Song” is written by Neil Simon, with lyrics by Carole Bayer Sager and music by Marvin Hamlisch. Based on the real-life relationship of Hamlisch and Sager, it is the story where a wisecracking composer finds a new, offbeat lyricist, but initially the match is not one made in heaven. The two undergo a series of trials and overcome a number of hurdles before finding true love by the final curtain.
Performances will be at 8 p.m. Oct. 22, 23, 29 & 30, and 3 p.m. Oct. 24 & 31, in the Michael Baughman Theatre, Potter Center. Tickets are $5 adults, $3 for students and seniors. There is a special preview night Oct. 21, all tickets just $2. For more information, contact Sandy DiCesare, at 517.796.8625.
- Vernon: Ryan Bennett
- Vernon: Ryan BennettSonia: Amy Campbell
- Vernon: Ryan BennettSonia’s Voices: Heidi Kelley, Amanda Marzano, Carly Jacobs
- Vernon: Ryan BennettVernon’s Voices: Derek Turson, Jeremy Moore, Adam Schuelke
- Production Staff:
- Vernon: Ryan BennettScenic Design: Michael Coy (JCC staff and alumni)
- Vernon: Ryan BennettCo-Music Directors: Patti Clark (JCC alumni), Andrea Wynn (JCC student)
- Vernon: Ryan BennettVocal Director: Andrea Wynn (JCC Student)
- Vernon: Ryan BennettStage Manager: Justin McClure (JCC alumni)
- Vernon: Ryan BennettMaster Carpenter: Jeff Chatfield (JCC staff and alumni)
- Vernon: Ryan BennettCo-Choreographers: Aimie Smith and Nicholas Hough, JCC dance students taking an independent study class in choreography and choreographing this musical as part of the class.