For immediate release
Students may buy books with financial aid beginning Dec. 20
Jackson Community College will release financial aid for student to use in the bookstore on Monday, Dec. 20. The effort is designed to give students more time to shop, coming a full three weeks before the semester begins.
- Store hours for the Jackson Campus Bookstore will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Dec. 20-30, closed Fridays each week. JCC @ LISD TECH Bookstore will be open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 20-22 only; Hillsdale Center Bookstore will be open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3-5 p.m. Dec. 20-22 only.
- Students should verify in advance that their aid package has come through via e-Services and that they have accepted their package before shopping.
- All sponsor paperwork (e.g. VA, TAA, and No Worker Left Behind) must be submitted to the JCC Business Office by Dec. 21 in order to use your funds during the break.
- All campuses and bookstore locations will be open the week of Jan. 3.
- Students who rented in the Fall should make sure they have gone online at rental.bkstr.com and activated their account so they can rent again for Winter.
Students who are unable to stop by in person may visit the website at www.jackson.bkstr.com. They have the ability to select books online and have them shipped to their home, or pre-order books and pick them up at the Jackson location.
Winter semester begins Jan. 10, 2011.