Join the Internship Program
Must be a criminal justice, corrections,
or security major. Must have a valid Michigan driver's license with a good
driving record. Must pass a criminal background check. Must be currently
enrolled or have completed CRJ 108 Criminal Justice Fieldwork-Security. Must
be eligible to become a sworn officer of Summit Township Police.
Must successfully complete a sixteen (16) hour orientation that will include AED/CPR (automatic external defibrillator/cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), code of ethics, conduct, use of force continuum, courtroom testimony and demeanor, chemical irritant agents and empty hand control/verbal Judo.
Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at JCC.
- 4 hours - AED/CPR (Automatic Defibrillator/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- 2 hours - Code of Ethics, Conduct, Use of Force
- 2 hours - Courtroom Testimony and Demeanor, How to Issue Tickets
- 4 hours - Chemical Irritant Agents
- 1 hour - Bloodborne Pathogens
- 4 hours - Empty Hand Control, Handcuff Administering, Self Defense, Verbal Judo
How To Apply
Request an application at the Human Resources
office located in the Potter Center 2nd floor. Deliver completed application
to Jeff Whipple in the facilities building.
The safety/security intern program is part of the student work study. A minimum of 14 hours per week and a maximum of 20 hours per week is mandatory.
CRJ 108 is a three-credit class that must be completed prior to or during the internship.
Intern positions are replaced when openings are available. All applicants will be interviewed.
Any questions, please e-mail Jeff Whipple.