Emergency Medical Services
The Paramedic Program at Jackson College takes its place in the industry very seriously by educating personnel for this fast-paced, ever-changing world of Advanced Life Support Emergency Medical care.
The goal of the Jackson College Paramedic Program is to prepare competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Welcome to the Paramedic Program at Jackson College, a 13-month program designed to provide students the knowledge, skills and attitudes consistent with the expectations of the public and the profession. Paramedic students will complete the coursework in classrooms and laboratories, and gain valuable hands-on experience while working in the hospital and prehospital settings. Along with the possibility of earning an Associate of Applied Science degree, graduates will take the National Registry certifying examination at the completion of the program.
- Choice of one year program essentials, only for NREMT certification, or two year AAS degree educational tracks
- Excellent working relations within the EMS community
- State-of- the-art equipment and EMS labs
- Knowledgeable and experienced faculty
- Innovative skills training
- Comprehensive curriculum