Apply for Campus Housing
The Housing Applications for Spring 2018 & Fall 2018 are now available. Space is limited. Filling out an application does not guarantee a room. If you have questions about student housing or the application process, please contact Housing at JCHousing@jccmi.edu or 517.990.1337.
Housing Application Process
Step 1: Fill out Housing Application/Contract
To submit your housing application, click the button below and log in with your Jackson College e-mail address and password. Once you are logged in, click on the link for applications. Applicants under the age of 17 will need to print off and mail in the application along with a parent/guardian signature. Application fee payment of $50 should be made to Jackson College and delivered to the Business Office, located on the second floor of the Potter Center. Payments can also be taken over the phone at 517.796.8420.Apply for Spring/Fall 2018
Step 2: Submit Background Check
After submitting your housing application, you must submit a background check request. Once redirected, select the Package Selection tab at the top of the page. Applicants should select the JB02bg: Background Check package and pay the $45 background check fee directly to CastleBranch. Once you have completed the background check application, you will receive confirmation from the background check company. After you apply for the background check, the next step in the Housing process is to register for classes and secure financial aid.Background Check Request
Step 3: Register for Classes and Apply for Financial Aid
The Housing Office will make every effort to process your application, however ACT, SAT, or placement scores and a completed financial aid application must be submitted to Records/Student Services and the Financial Aid Office before moving to Step 4. Again, you must be registered into 12 credit hours and meet the Housing Academic Requirements to live in housing.
Financial aid is located in Bert Walker Hall and can be reached at 517.796.8410.
To discuss course placement, please schedule an appointment with a student success navigator by calling 517.796.8425.
Step 4: Receive Housing Assignment/Submit Security Deposit
Housing assignments will be issued after the above steps are completed. A $300 security deposit PAID IN FULL after receiving your housing assignment is required to guarantee a space in Campus View Housing. Students MUST be enrolled in 12 credits and meet the Housing Academic Requirements to live in housing and receive an assignment.
Housing Academic Requirement
- Students whose placement criteria either requires them to take ENG080, be referred to the Center for Student Success for additional academic support, or require three developmental education courses (reading, writing, and math) are not eligible to live in housing.
- Must have at least a 2.0 high school GPA
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester
Note: By administrative policy, the College has designated Campus View 3 as the housing facility for new (freshmen) students of Jackson College. All new students requesting housing will be placed into Campus View 3 so long as space is available in that facility.
- Future Campus View residents must have her/his financial aid application submitted to Financial Aid Office, and ACT and Compass scores must be submitted to Records/Student Services, before applying for campus housing.
- Students wishing to live in housing must meet ongoing academic requirements including full-time enrollment and satisfactory academic progress (2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher).
- If there are any questions about Campus View or the application process, please call 517.796.1337.