Financial Aid Refunds
Have you signed up for e-Checks (automatic deposit)? Get your refund almost a week sooner by going to your e-Services account under Financial Information and clicking on “e-Checks Signup.”
Winter 2017 Refund Information
Expected PELL Grant Refund dates for full semester (15-week) courses:
- E-checks for 15 week classes: Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
- Paper checks for 15 week classes mailed: Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
Expected Loan refund dates for students registered in six or more credits that are full semester (15-week) courses. All students receiving a loan for the spring semester will receive two disbursements. If there are funds remaining after JC charges have been paid, a refund will be issued. Some students may not receive a refund until after the second disbursement has been received by JC. The Business Office processes all refunds and sends them to students within 7 to 10 days after the funds are posted to the student’s account. Estimated refund dates are available here.
First Disbursement: Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017
- E-checks for 15 week classes: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017
- Paper checks for 15 week classes mailed: Friday, Feb. 24, 2017
Second Disbursement: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- E-checks Deposit: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Paper checks mailed: Friday, March 24, 2017
Late starting classes
Students enrolled in late start classes can expect to receive their refund approximately two weeks after your latest starting classes’ drop date.
In the event that you need to request a reissuance of a financial aid refund check, please read the important information below:
- Paper checks are sent via USPS mail and can take up to ten (10) business days for delivery.
- The Business Office will reissue a check no sooner than ten (10) business days after the check date unless the College has received the check back in return mail.
- You may be charged a $25 processing fee for the reissuance of a check prior to the ten (10) day wait period.
- When a check is returned to the Business Office, Jackson College will make an attempt to contact you. In the event that there is a forwarding address, the College will send the check in the mail to the forwarding address.
- Please be sure that Jackson College has your current address. Details on updating your directory information can be found on the Student Services webpage.
- Once a check has been reissued, the original check will be voided. If you cash or deposit the original check, you will be liable for all costs incurred by your financial institution.
- Please allow up to one week for processing a reissuance of a financial aid refund check.
Questions regarding your financial aid refund date can be directed to our Accounts Receivable Clerk/Cashier at 517.796.8420.