JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school.
In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; and in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still helps to fund the College today. Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site.
Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic rural site six miles south of the city of Jackson, and also operates JCC @ LISD TECH in Adrian, the Clyde E. LeTarte Center Hillsdale, and North Campus in Jackson.
[ Read more ]