JC @ LISD TECH
Need More Assistance?
For additional information
or help visit our
Financial Aid Office.
Need help filing your FAFSA? We
can help you one-on-one!
Just call us at
to make an appointment.
To receive financial aid for the academic year you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Jackson College school code is: 002274
What is the FAFSA?
The FAFSA is used to apply for federal and state financial aid including grants, loans, and work-study.
Students and parents are encouraged to obtain PIN numbers in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. Please see the directions below regarding how to obtain your and/or your parent(s) four digit PIN number(s). Electronic filing is the fastest way to apply for financial aid.
How do I file my FAFSA electronically?
Submit your application at www.fafsa.ed.gov and print a copy of the results for your personal records. Please see the directions below regarding how to file online.
When will I receive results from my filing my FAFSA?
If you filed electronically and made no errors, you will be able to view and print your results at the FAFSA website using your PIN number. The results are referred to as the Student Aid Report (SAR). If you made an error in filing, you will receive your SAR via email or via US mail if you did not provide an email address during the application process.
What should I do with the Student Aid Report (SAR)?
Immediately review your SAR to make certain all of your information is correct and keep for your records.
I filed my FAFSA but have not received my SAR. Now what?
If you are unable to electronically view your SAR and do not receive a paper SAR within four weeks of filing, immediately call the Federal Student Aid Information Center toll-free at 800-433-3243.
Directions for Filing Your FAFSA Online and/or Requesting a Pin Number
- If you or your parent(s) do not have a PIN number, you will be asked to create on during the application process. Additionally, can apply for a PIN number by visiting the following website: www.pin.ed.gov.
- Enter the following web address into your browser: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click "Start Here".
- Enter your personal information and click "Next".
- Select the academic year in which you will be attending college and will be needing financial aid.
- Create a password that you can easily remember and click "Next".
- Begin filling in all necessary information on the subsequent pages.
- When finished, remember to click “Submit” at the end of your application.
- After you submit your application online, print the confirmation page for your records.
- If you were unable to sign your application electronically, print the signature page and follow the instructions for signing and mailing the page to the Federal Processing Center.
- Approximately 3-5 busniess days after filing your FAFSA, contact the JC @ LISD TECH office to ensure that your financial aid application was received.