Services for Adrian and Hillsdale Students
Books by Mail: The Library Comes to You!
Books-by-Mail is a JCC Library service provided to students and faculty who are without a convenient way to get JCC library materials. Through this service, books, audio and video materials will be mailed directly to you, free of charge.
Receiving Your Library Materials:
- An active library card is required to borrow materials through JCC's Atkinson Library.
- Already have a JCC Library card? You're ready to place requests.
- Don't have a card yet? To obtain a library card, visit Atkinson Library and present one piece of identification showing your current name and address. If this is not possible, contact the ILL Librarian (517-787-0800 x8353) and arrangement will be made.
- Once registered with an active library card, you may request specific items. This is easily done through the Research Databases link on the JCC Library home page; select any of the FirstSearch databases. Or, send an email or a fax describing your needs, and materials will be recommended for you. (Reference, non-circulating materials and overnight materials are excluded from this service). Click for more detail on requesting specific items.
- Items will be mailed directly to you in nylon bags. Books may be kept for three week, audio and video materials for one week. Renewals may be possible; if renewing JCC items through TeleCirc or the OPAC (Online Catalog) you will be required to supply your Library card number, you 4-digit PIN, and the barcode number of the material.
Returning Your Library Materials:
- Each shipment you receive includes pre-paid return postage and a return label. Follow the return instructions included with the item(s), and mail them back to JCC, at no cost to you.
- Standard library fees will be charged for lost and damaged materials.
- A $10 fee will be charged for any bag that is not returned to the Library.
- If a postal carrier will not pick up Books-by-Mail bags from your mail box, bags must be take to a Post Office, or dropped off at the JCC Adrian or Hillsdale Center office.
What are my Responsibilities?
Please handle the items with care; return books in the mail bags in which they are received, securing them with the zip-tie included; return books by due date.
Who do I contact with Questions?
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Librarian by email, by phone 517-787-0800 x8352 or by fax 517-796-8623
For assistance with research, visit, call or email the Library Reference Desk, 517-796-8622.
Atkinson Library, JC • 2111 Emmons Road • Jackson, Michigan 49201-8399 • Phone: 517.796.8622 • Email