Testing Lab Information
Students must bring ID
For security purposes, all students coming into the lab for testing must have a valid form of either federal-issued or state-issued photo identification ready to present to the testing proctor on duty.
Testing Lab Check-in Center: William Atkinson Hall Room 118
The Testing Lab will be CLOSED on Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) and Tuesday, June 7.
|Summer Hours (May 23 – July 31):|
|Monday||1 pm – 8 pm|
|Tuesday||11 am – 5 pm|
|Wednesday||1 pm – 8 pm|
|Thursday||11 am – 5 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 4 pm|
All exams are collected 15 minutes before closing time. The Testing Lab closes promptly at the end of each session. Be sure to allow ample time to complete your test.
Testing Lab hours change during semester breaks and holidays. Please call 796.8421 to confirm hours.
General Information & Test Materials: Testing Lab 517.796.8421; Debora Moyer, x8621 (517.796.8621); e-mail TestingLab@jccmi.edu
Special Needs Accommodations: Monica Bouman, Director, Center for Student Success (517.796.8411)
Security cameras monitor the testing lab at all times. Proctors and library staff supervise all testing.
Any suspected cheating will result in termination of your exam session and will be immediately reported to administration and to your instructor for investigation and appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Exams are distributed from WA 118
- Your instructor has provided a list of students who will take the exam
- Your name needs to be on the list
- Your instructor has provided a list of items you may bring into the Testing Lab
- Time limits and JetNet passwords have been provided by your instructor
Students who need special accommodations due to physical impairments or learning disabilities must contact the Center for Student Success, 517.796.8415. Students must make arrangements at least one week prior to taking the exam or Course Placement assessment.
For students needing to take the ESL placement assessment, please visit our ESL Testing Information page.
The Testing Lab is equipped with assistive technology for all students.
What to bring
- Valid Photo ID
- Pencils or Pens
- Items permitted by your instructor
What NOT to bring
- Book bags, purses, and other personal items. Leave them in your car or locker.
- Items not on the list of what your instructor allows.
- CELL PHONES, or a electronic device of any kind.
- Children, friends, and anyone or anything that would disturb the secure and quiet testing environment
- Any item that enables cheating
What can go wrong
- Your test has not arrived to the Testing Lab
- JetNet is not set with the right access or the correct dates and times
- Your name is not on the testing list
- The Testing Lab closes before you can complete the test.
Please be patient while we try to resolve the problem and offer you options.
Things to remember
- Only materials specified by instructors are allowed
- CELL PHONES, pagers and other devices are not allowed in the Testing Lab
- If you leave the Testing Lab for any reason, your test is considered complete
- You are liable for your possessions you leave in the vicinity of the Testing Lab
- You must show a valid photo ID and the admissions acceptance letter.
- Reading, writing and math are computerized.
- The nursing program allows only one re-take of Course Placement.
Take time to prepare for exams by visiting the Center for Student Success for help with test taking strategies, coping skills for test anxiety, and study strategies to learn the material. Call 517.796.8415 for more to contact the Center for Student Success.
Atkinson Library • 2111 Emmons Road • Jackson, Michigan 49201 • Phone: 517.796.8622 • E-mail