Program & Course Information
EKG Technician - Skill Set (EKTE.SSET)
The EKG technician skill set prepares students for professional certification and employment in a variety of settings, such as hospital-based cardiology clinics, cardiac rehabilitation centers, doctor’s offices, and emergency rooms. This is a great option for the student who would like to have patient contact without being involved in performing invasive procedures. Students may also choose to use this as a building block to enhance the skills that will be learned in another allied health or nursing degrees or to add to an already completed degree.
|Minimum cumulative GPA||2.0|
|Minimum grade in all courses||2.0|
|Minimum JC credits||11|
Required Courses - (11 credits)
- HOC 130 Introduction to Health Occupations
- HOC 135 Electrocardiography Technician
- MOA 141 Body Structure & Function OR
- EMS 110 Advanced First Aid & American Heart CPR
current Healthcare Provider CPR and Basic First Aid certification
* You may meet this prerequisite based on your course placement, ACT score or successful college coursework. Visit our web site for current assessment options and requirements.