New Student Orientation Frequently Asked Questions
- The orientation sessions are designed to provide you with tools that will enable you to succeed at JC. Some of the topics that will be covered include how to register for courses, financial aid, policies and expectations, JC resources and campus tour.
- Yes. Students entering JC and enrolling in at least three (3) credits must attend an orientation session before they are able to register for courses. Guest students and dual enrolled students do not need to complete orientation.
- Sessions typically last 2.5-3hours. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session to complete the check-in process.
- You must pre-register in advance for on-campus orientation. You can do so by filling out the Orientation Registration Form.
- Advisors will be available to offer help on course selection.
- Students who do not complete orientation will not be able to register for courses. The earlier you attend orientation, the sooner you can register and the likelier it is that you will find the courses that meet your preferences and fit your schedule.
- No. The tour focuses on the academic buildings and the locations of some campus resources. Students who are interested in touring Campus View should schedule a separate housing tour by calling Luke Kuboushek at 517.990.1358.
- You may bring a parent or a friend with you. Due to space constraints, please limit the number of people you bring to one. Please note that because of the format of orientation, young children may have a difficult time participating.
- Yes. Please bring your driver’s license or a government/state issued picture ID with you.
- If you are attending the JC Central Campus, please contact
Student Services by phone at 517.796.8425
For JC North Campus, please contact Julie Hand or by phone at 517.768.7097
For JC @ LISD TECH contact JCCLISDTECHStaff@jccmi.edu or by phone at 517.265.5515
For Hillsdale Center contact: JCCHillsdale@jccmi.edu or by phone at 517.437.3343
- If you are attending the JC Central Campus, please contact Student Services by phone at 517.796.8425