Steps to become a JCC student
Complete an online application
Provide a copy of your state-issued ID.
- Send in your high school transcript if you have graduated in the last three (3) years.
- Send official college transcript only if you are requesting a transfer credit evaluation toward a JCC degree.
- If you do not have transcripts, you will need to take course placement.
Course placement assesses your skill level in writing, reading,
tech literacy, and math to ensure your success.
Course placement may not be needed if...
- you took the ACT/SAT within the last three (3) years.
- you successfully completed math and English at a previous college
- you plan on taking a JCC course for personal interest or audit only
Once you have completed all the required steps to
admissions, you will receive an acceptance letter.
This letter will provide details on how to reserve your new student orientation time. At orientation you will meet with an advisor to discuss courses to register for.
Once you have completed all the above steps to admissions and have attended orientation, you will be able to register for classes.
Student Services is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Jackson Central Campus Student Services at 517.796.8425 or e-mail: email@example.com.