EMS 282 EMS Instructor Coordinator II (4 CR)
This course is the second of three consecutive courses designed to
prepare currently licensed EMT or AEMT for State EMS Instructor Coordinator
Licensure. This course is a Michigan Department of Community Health EMS and
Trauma Systems section approved program. This course includes state mandated
modules with a primary focus on state requirements for EMS education. This
semester includes; guided student teaching, guidance in didactic and laboratory
skills, information related to adhering to state mandates policies and procedures
- By the completion of EMS 282 the EMS Instructor candidate will be able to demonstrate entry level cognitive competency in fields of study such as; state requirements for EMS education, guided student teaching, leadership in didactic and laboratory skills, information related to adhering to state mandates, policies and procedures for EMS education within the State of Michigan.
Measurement of Objective
- As a learning community, students will problem solve, evaluate team members, and collaborate with site supervisors as they explore the EMS teaching profession.
- Demonstrate understanding of individual and group differences as it relates to teaching and learning by explaining how cultural diversity and appreciation is necessary for the 21st century learner and classroom.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology in EMS teaching and career development.
- Successful completion of EMS 282 will lead to progression as an EMS Instructor candidate for licensure with the Michigan Department of Community Health EMS and Trauma System. By completing this course, the student will meet requirements for a course completion document and be recommended for the State of Michigan EMS Instructor Coordinator cognitive examination. Successful completion of the cognitive examination will lead to licensure as an EMS Instructor Coordinator.
Prerequisite: EMS 280 Instructor Coordinator I.
All EMS students must complete EDU-290 Instructional Skills Workshop as the third course component.
Instructor Permission Required.
Corequisite: EDU 290