Five things to remember as
a new student using VA
- 1. Fill out an online application using VONAPP
- 2. Fill out an online application for admission to JCC
- 3. Complete course placement at JCC
- 4. Attend new student orientation
- 5. Meet with your advisor and plan your schedule
- Veteran focus courses
- FYS 110
- ENG 131
Contact the VA Certifying Official for section information.
- Student Veterans of America
- Veterans meeting room – William Atkinson, Room 107.
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. 12 p.m.
Where fellow veterans can come together to study, socialize or work on homework.
Search thousands of jobs nationwide through this free online database tailored for veterans.
Important Phone Numbers
Post 9-11 GI Bill
877.838.2778Direct Deposit Enrollment
Veterans of the United States armed forces may be eligible for a broad range of programs and services provided by the VA. Eligibility for most VA benefits is based upon discharge from active military service under other than dishonorable conditions, and certain benefits require service during wartime.
A non-profit service run by veterans that works to relieve the educational debt of veterans who are serving and have served in the U.S. military.
The Jackson County Veteran Affairs Office acts as an advocate for the veterans, surviving spouses and dependent children that may qualify for Veterans Administration benefits.
We can provide you with answers to general eligibility questions, assist you in filing claims and be there for you throughout the entire process and beyond.
Search jobs and employers, create and distribute your résumé, find job fairs and more.
Find the Vet Center nearest to you. Some of the services offered are:
- Referral to community agencies
- Individual/Group PTSD, marital, family, alcohol, drug assessment, & bereavement counseling services
- Benefits assistance and referral
- Job referral
- Employment counseling and guidance
- Liaison between veterans and other VA facilities