To Change Something About a Course*
- Write up the reason for the change.
- Check for all programs using the course that could be impacted by the change and discuss it with them.
- Complete the Taxonomy Change Form, marking just the requested change. Include the rationale statement and any impacts. Be sure to indicate when the change(s) should go into effect.
- Submit the completed form to your Chair and Dean for signatures (electronic preferred). Email forms to Pat Visser (and mail her the signed form if not e-signed). Only forms with both signatures will be considered by the committee.
- Once approved, record the changes in the Close-the-Loop form in JetNet.
* Allowed changes include pre-/co-requisites added or adjusted; BCH; fees; seating capacity; minor course description changes; inactivating, freezing or reactivating a course.
If you need to change the course name or credit hours, or if you need to significantly change the course description or content, this requires creation of a New Course and inactivation of the existing course.