Change Something in an Existing Program
- Write up the rationale for the change.
- Check for all related programs that could be impacted by the change and also make similar changes to them if appropriate. [Whenever possible, requirements should be consistent between related programs for ease of laddering degrees.
- Discuss the proposed changes with your Dean to check for unintended consequences or requirements you didn’t know about.
- Complete the Program Change form, making sure to include the rationale for the change and the effective date (or semester).
- Create an updated catalog entry (copy-and-paste from the current catalog, then edit to include the changes). *Use the opportunity to make sure the workforce documentation at the top of the entry is up-to-date.
- Create new Pathway Maps, integrating the changes.
- Submit all forms to your Chair and Dean for signatures (electronic preferred). Email the entire packet to Pat Visser (and mail her the signed forms if not e-signed).
After approval, submit information about the changes – including the effective date — to a) Marketing so the relevant JC website pages can be updated and b) the Navigators so that students can be advised correctly.