American Honors Program
We are pleased to offer the American Honors Program at Jackson College.
American Honors is a selective, nationally recognized honors program for students who want to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree.
Students accepted into American Honors enter into a tight-knit community that provides them with additional resources, knowledge, and support both inside and outside the classroom that help them to successfully transfer and thrive at a 4-year university.
As an American Honors Student, you will:
- Have a dedicated honors coach working with you one-on-one on course selection, academic success plans, and transfer planning
- Take small classes just with other honors students
- Engage in professional development and resume-building activities
- Participate in honors seminars and honors council
- Receive personalized transfer advising from start to finish
As an American Honors Student, you will be:
- Aspiring to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree
- Beginning your first year of college or have earned fewer than 30 college credits
- Motivated, determined, and persevering
- Seeking extra guidance and one-on-one support
- Looking to distinguish yourself and stand out in college
Top universities across the country encourage students to apply
to their schools for transfer.
These schools know that American Honors program graduates are:
- Academically prepared and ready to take on upper level coursework since they’ve already earned an associate’s degree with an honors distinction.
- Leaders/community builders; they’ve likely participated in volunteer projects, honors council, mentorship programs or other American Honors activities outside the classroom.
- Motivated to succeed – not only to earn their bachelor’s degree, but also to excel at careers they are passionate about. They’ve taken advantage of the professional development opportunities with American Honors.
Visit AmericanHonors.org to view the current list of schools in the growing American Honors national transfer network!
How much does it cost to enroll in the American Honors program?
American Honors provides additional resources and opportunities to enhance the community college experience. Tuition and fees for American Honors is priced below the average 4-year university tuition, but above the community college tuition.
Visit the Admissions section of AmericanHonors.org for complete details on the program tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
To complete an application for the American Honors program, go to: Apply.AmericanHonors.org
There is no application fee.
Be sure to have digital versions of your most recent transcript(s) and relevant test scores available (e.g. SAT/placement tests).
The admissions process is holistic. We consider students’ academic and non-academic achievements, as well as their aspirations.