• Born and raised in Holland, Mich., and graduated from Holland Christian School in 1976.
• Worked as a paramedic 6½ years, graduating from Grand Valley State University.
• Worked in facilities design and construction management for 30 years, involving animal and human drug development, clinical trials and human drug manufacturing.
• Moved to Jackson County, Grass Lake, in 2005 for work.
• With a desire to get back into healthcare, he enrolled at Jackson College in 2009, graduating three years later with an Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Care and an Associate of Applied Science in Health Management.
• Continued his studies at Siena Heights University, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a baccalaureate degree in health administration in 2013.
• Started work at Jackson College as an adjunct instructor in 2013, became EKG Technician Program lead faculty in 2015 and nursing coordinator in 2016.
• Active on campus, Maat serves on numerous committees: Jackson College Respiratory Care Advisory Council, Jackson College Alumni Advisory Council, Jackson College Security Liaison, and Jackson College I.T. Liaison.
• Maat enjoys working on campus, helping programs and, most of all, having interaction with students and seeing them succeed and reach their goals.
• Honors include completion in 2016 of the Jackson College Leadership Academy, and in 2018, AQIP Accreditation Committee appointee.
• He is married to wife Michelle, with four adult sons and nine grandchildren.
• In his free time, he enjoys home projects and construction and is a big