- Born and raised in Jackson, Mich., Emily graduated from Jackson High School in 2008.
- Attended what was Jackson Community College from 2009-2010, then continued her education at Ball State University in Muncie, Ind. Graduated Summa Cum Laude and with Honors from Ball State in 2013 with a degree in general studies and minor in special education early intervention.
- In high school, Emily was honored with the Rose Award from disAbility Connections for her service to those with disabilities.
- Was active on Ball State’s campus and involved in various activities, clubs, and professional organizations. In college, Emily became heavily involved in Ball State’s Student Council for Exceptional Children, and served a two-year term as secretary.
- Emily had the opportunity to study abroad in the populous Province of Hunan, China.
- While in high school and on summer breaks from Ball State, Emily worked in all areas at Garcia Clinical Laboratory. Emily joined an experienced staff, many of whom have been with the company for 15-plus years.
- In 2014 Emily accepted a full-time position with Garcia Clinical Laboratory as an account executive, focusing on infectious disease. She is the lead person who reports infectious disease for over 30 states.
- 2015 Jackson Magazine 30 and under award recipient, recognized for her dedication and professional involvement in the Jackson community.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Baker College in 2016 with a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- She is a driving force in the Jackson Young Professionals, which has tripled membership over the past year. Emily is currently secretary and involved in various committees.
- 2015 graduate of the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Jackson program.
- Enjoys spending time with friends and family, as well as traveling and skiing.
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a different way to stand.” – Oprah Winfrey