- An alumnus of what was then Jackson Community College, Dr. Lake attended from 1970-72. “I chose JCC because my friends went there and it was close. It was a great way to get the first two years of education completed and continue to work.”
- He earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from Albion College, then attended Mercy College to become a physician’s assistant.
- Worked as a physician’s assistant for 15 years.
- Having always wanted to become a doctor, at age 39 he went back to school at Wayne State University’s School of Medicine to complete his medical degree. He completed his residency in family medicine at the University of Michigan in 1999.
- Practiced at Townsend Family Practice Clinic and currently works as medical director at Independent Hospitalist Physicians, and for the Henry Ford Allegiance Hyperbaric
- He served as chief of medical staff at W.A. Foote Memorial Hospital.
- Member of Jackson County Medical Society, Michigan State Medical Society, American Academy of Family Physicians, and Michigan State Medical Society.
- Serves on boards for Project Access and the Country Club of Jackson.
- Past chair of the Jackson Symphony Orchestra, Jackson Public Schools Board, United Way of Jackson Board, Allegiance Health System Board, and chair of credentials for the Jackson Health Network.
- Recipient of 2017 Dr. Ethelene Jones Crockett Distinguished Alumni Award from Jackson College.
- Married to Donna; they have two daughters, Erica and Michelle is married to husband, Jordan. They have one grandchild.
- He and Donna named a scholarship in loving memory of their mothers, Lois Ethridge and Wanda Lake. The Lois Ethridge and Wanda Lake Scholarship seeks to provide educational funding for a nursing student who shares the same passion for providing top-quality care to their patients as their mothers once did.