• Graduated from St. Louis High School in St. Louis, Michigan.
• After working in the restaurant industry for years, Philicia decided that wasn’t what she wanted to do with her life. As a single mother of two, she knew the only way she would be able to provide for her family and herself was to go back to college. With encouragement from her sister, who was a nurse, she enrolled at Jackson College.
• Unsure of college at first, she is thankful for the opportunities that Jackson College offered her. She worked in the President’s Office, had opportunities to speak at different functions, and was even featured on a billboard.
• Graduated from Jackson College nursing program in 2009, went to work as a registered nurse at what was Allegiance Health.
• Continuing her studies, she completed her bachelor’s degree at
Spring Arbor University and then her master’s degree at Michigan
• Today she is a nurse practitioner in behavioral health at Henry Ford Allegiance Health.
• She is a member of the Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
• She has two children, sons Anthony and Xavier, and four grandchildren. Her sons are proud of her accomplishments, and her youngest son has decided to follow her into the nursing field.
• In her spare time, Philicia volunteers for the Aware Shelter. She helps families get adopted at Christmastime and hopes to soon complete a training session so she can work more with women and children.
• Philicia enjoys traveling and recalls an amazing time going to South Africa where she rode and fed elephants.
• She enjoys yoga, listening to much, reading, watching the sky and being outside. She is involved with Bible studies at her church.