- A Jackson native and graduate of East Jackson High School, Ted Christoff completed his Associate in Arts at Jackson Community College in 1990. He chose JCC for the value and because of the MACRAO Transfer Agreement.
- Earned bachelor’s degree in business administration from Ferris State University.
- Upon graduation, started work at Christoff and Sons as vice president. Christoff and Sons is a Floor Covering, Window Treatments, and Carpet Cleaning provider, started by Ted’s late father in 1979. He is currently still growing the business with his partner and brother, Tom.
- Christoff and Sons was named Small Business of the Year by the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce.
- The business started in a small 1,200-foot building and built new in 1995. It has added carpet cleaning, hardwood refinishing, area rugs, countertops and window treatments. It does commercial and residential. They have gone from two employees to more than 15, and about 10 regular subcontract installers.
- Received the Chamber of Commerce Brick Award for renovations to business.
- Business named Best of Jackson by Jackson Magazine readers for both floor covering and carpet cleaning.
- Recently named Midwest Dealer of the Year from Mohawk Industries.
- Has served on the East Jackson School Board, Jackson Commercial Contractors Association, Chamber of Commerce Vice President, and leadership positions with the Boy Scouts.
- He is active with his church, New Covenant Living Church, as an usher, building committee and children’s ministries.
- He’s been married to Pam for 24 years. They have three children: Brooke, 21, Preston, 17, and Parker, 15.
“I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens me.”