- The most important aspect for me, whatever I am doing, is being a part of innovating for opportunity.
- After graduating from JCC in 1976, Amy Sayles moved to Houston with her husband Steve and completed her bachelor’s at the University of Houston. When they returned to Jackson a few years later they purchased a century old home on W. Michigan Avenue near downtown Jackson that they have completely renovated.
- “Both my family and Steve’s are from Jackson. Our families were always involved in some aspect of making their community a better place to live and work,? says Amy. “We love being close to downtown and we love both the history and the possibilities that old spaces present, so we’ve always looked for ways to preserve their history while pushing them toward the future.”
- The couple also has a passion for art. Steve and Amy founded ART 634 when Steve opened an art studio in the Armory Court building in 1998. They invited other artists to open studios and create a collaborative environment for artists from every discipline. Expanding on their original idea in 2001 Steve and Amy had a vision for the vacant ACME building just next door to ART 634. It was their hope that both artists and the community would create a destination spot where art would be celebrated and supported.
- Amy’s professional experience includes work as an Experience Designer at Westwinds Community Church and most recently, Marketing Officer at the Jackson District Library. Amy currently works for Allegiance Health as the coordinator of the Community Partner program. “The Allegiance Health Community Partner program builds a bridge between our locally owned health system and those we serve. It’s a unique opportunity for the community to have a voice in their health system. I’m very excited about the possibilities this program provides in creating an excellent customer experience at Allegiance Health because we’re hearing directly from them what would make their experience great.?
- Amy’s husband Steve is an artist and owns Studio Z. The couple has two daughters. Their oldest daughter Annie is a media planner at CNN.com ? Time Warner Co. in Chicago, and their youngest Samantha, is a floral designer for J. Alexander’s in Jackson
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
– Theodor Seuss Geisel, “Dr. Seuss”