- Born and raised in Parma, MI, graduating from Western High School in 1971
- Associate of Science cum laude, Jackson Community College, 1973
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture cum laude, Michigan State University, 1976
- Completed two of four sessions in pursuit of Certified Economic Developer certification through the International Economic Development Council and the Economic Development Institute, Oklahoma University
- Director of Economic Development at The Enterprise Group
- Previous employment as Economic Development Project Manager for the City of Jackson involved staffing the City’s Historic District Commission
- Assisted in running a family-owned manufacturer representative business, International Products & Services, serving the die casting industry in Mexico from 1988 through 2007.
- Proud mother of Becca Bradley, 25, married to Andy, expecting their first baby in December, 2008 and to Sara Torres, 23, recently honored as one of the “30 Under 30,” featured by the Jackson Magazine.
Enjoying life to its fullest is always maintaining the vision, and conscientiously making the choice that “the glass is half full.”