- Physician Assistant license, State of Michigan,# 001269 August 2008
- DEA license for the State of Michigan
- Jackson Community College 1963-1964
- Gonzaga University, 1964-1968 B.S. in Medical Technology, MT(ASCP) Mercy College, 1978-1980 B.S. as a Physician Assistant Certified 1981
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION :
- Physician Assistant (retired)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Microsurgery I Surgery of the hand
- Michigan State University Department of Surgery
- Total Years of Service (commission and enlisted) 31 years and 6 months Enlisted United States Air Force 11 Sept to 3 Mar 1973, rank SSgt (E5) Honorable Discharge Mar 1973
- USAF Commission 4 Mar 1973 to Sept 1977, rank Captain (03)
- Last active duty assignment, Officer In Charge Chief Medical Technologist
- Clinical laboratory Services, Barksdale, Air Force Base also Chief Coordinator and
- Instructor of the Phase II Clinical Laboratory Specialist Course 1973 to 1977
- Appointed in the Michigan Army National Guard Feb 1982 to Sept 1992 rank of Chief Warrant Officer (CW3)
- Commissioned Michigan Army National Guard Aug 1992 to Apr 2004
- Last Assignment, Senior Physician Assistant State Medical Command, Detroit, MI
- Retired LTC inactive reserve 30 Apr 2004
- USAF Medical Lab Specialist Course phase I, 1968
- USAF Medical Lab Specialist Course phase II, Wright Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio, Jan 1969 to Oct 1969
- USAF School of Military Science Officer, Lackland, AFB San Antonio, TX Dec 1972 to Mar 1973
- SAC Academic Instructor Orientation Course July 1973
- USAF Manager and Negotiated Labor Management Jun 1973
- AMEDD Officer Advance Course Phase I, 2001
- AMEDD Officer Advance Course Phase II, 2002
DECORATIONS, SERVICE MEDALS AND BADGES
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, 1972
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal, 1971-74
- Army Achievement Medal, 1995
- Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal, 5 devices, 1985-90-95-2002-04
- National Defense Service Medal, 1968
- Air Force Longevity Medal, 1 device, 1972-76
- Army Service Ribbon, 1983
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal, silver hourglass/Roman X devices 1998-2003
- Legion of Merit, 1996-2003
- Kuwait Liberation Medal. 2003
- Michigan Broadsword Service Ribbon, 6 devices, 1985-88-90-94-98-2002
- Michigan Army National Recruiting Ribbon, 1997
- Staff Medical Technologist and Technical Aid Supervisor, E.W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing, MI 1977 to 1978.
- Physician Assistant, Department of Corrections for the State of Michigan, 1980 to 1982.
- Physician Assistant, Michigan State University, Department of Surgery, General surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery and surgery of the hand, 1982 to 2010.
- Retired 19 August 2010
- E.W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing, MI Lansing Surgical Center, Lansing, MI
- I have been a volunteer boys and girls basketball coach in the Lansing Capital Youth Sports Association for the past 25 years. I have coached two 11 and 12 year old boys basketball national championship teams, 2000-01 and 2004-05.
- I was inducted to my high schools, Willow Run High, Hall of Fame in 2006
- I have spoke at numerous MSU medical career day events.
- I have co-published a medical article in the National Hand Journal of Surgery.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants ( MAPA) Society of Army Physician Assistants (SAPA)
- Played basketball on the first Jackson Community College mens regional championship team ofthe 1963-64 season.
- Received a full 4 year basketball scholarship to Gonzaga University 1963 to 1967.
- Player and coach of the base basketball teams at Fairchild AFB and Barksdale AFB, 1969 to1972 and 1973 to 1977
- Sports, coaching, golf, cooking , sewing, quilting, drawing, landscaping .