Jacquie Walker Beato
- Named Jackson County Rosequeen in 1971.
- Attended JCC, graduating in 1973, and transferred to Michigan State University to complete her bachelor’s degree in advertising management in 1975.
- Completed additional coursework at Columbia College.
- Has been an anchorwoman for the 5, 6 and 11 p.m. new on WIVB-TV, the CBS affiliate in Buffalo, New York from 1983 to the present.
- Has received numerous journalism awards and Emmy Award nominations, including the NYS Governor’s Award for Excellence in Communications.
- Has been honored by many organizations for community service, including the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- In 2009, a college scholarship was named in her honor by the Buffalo branch of the American Association of University Women.
- She and her sister, Patricia, contributed to the clock tower now on JCC’s campus, named in honor of their parents, Glen and Phyllis Walker.
- Is married and has two sons, one in law school and another in college.
“I’ve made community service an integral part of my life by fo lowing the simple advice of Theodore Roosevelt: ‘Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.’”