- Karen is the youngest daughter of Richard and Barbara Renner of Jackson. Growing up with the family business where everyone worked to accomplish their parent’s goals, she learned the value of hard work, ethics and the philosophy, “you’re never too old to learn”.
- Karen graduated from JCC in 1985 with a degree in Marketing/Mid-Management.
- She immediately hired into a retail management position with Gap, Inc. Enjoying a career with The Gap for sixteen years, Karen not only managed a store location, but also acted as a regional trainer and team leader for new store openings. Karen developed a new hire training program that was subsequently adopted corporate wide. She also assisted the Chief Operations Officer with developing a system of best practices for all stores. Most importantly, Karen identified, hired, trained and promoted many people to higher positions in the company during her career.
- By 2000, Karen left Gap, Inc. to spend more time with her young children. It did not take long for her to realize she still needed a greater challenge, at which point she started a successful part time, home based business. In 2004, Karen re-entered the workforce in the financial services industry with Citi Group and learned about the home loan mortgage business.
- 2006 Brought the fortunate opportunity to begin a wonderful career starting with A.G. Edwards. With the spirit of entrepreneurship, Karen accepted the challenge of becoming a financial advisor, once again learning new skills and maintaining the demanding educational standards the profession requires. As someone who truly loves working with people, Karen strives every day to help her clients smile and to enjoy and understand the roller coaster ride of the investment world. Today, Karen is a Partner in the same business now known as Meridian Wealth Management of Michigan
- Passing forward the legacy of skills learned from her own parents, Karen hopes to demonstrate to her two children, Rachel and Parker, the passion for knowledge, the attitude to succeed, the ability to handle adversity and willingness to learn from those around you. These traits will open the promise of life’s opportunities.
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” – Goeth
Investment products and services are offered through Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC (WFAFN). Wells Fargo Advisors is the trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC and WFAFN, Members SIPC, separate registered broker-dealers and non-bank affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company. Meridian Wealth Management of Michigan is a separate entity from WFAFN.