- Mara Wierzbicki is the oldest daughter of Richard and Liz Wierzbicki and sister of Bryn Wierzbicki who is currently a Jackson College Jet and captain of the volleyball team.
- Born in Jackson, Michigan, Mara graduated from Jackson High School in 2009. She played both soccer and volleyball in high school and was captain of the volleyball team her senior year when the Vikings set the school record for wins in a season.
- Was very active on Jackson College’s campus. Played volleyball for two years, and was captain her sophomore year. She also worked in the Records Department and mentored peers through the Writing Fellow program.
- As a Writing Fellow, she assisted in the renovation of the Cascades Museum in Jackson. Students researched, wrote labels and updated displays as well as archiving and cataloging primary source materials for the museum.
- She was recognized for her academics when she was named to the Phi Theta Kappa All-Michigan Academic Team. Students are selected based on academic achievement, community service involvement and leadership accomplishments. She graduated with an Associate of Arts and spoke at graduation as the class representative.
- Mara transferred to Columbia College in Chicago where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing Communications and a focus in Public Relations.
- While attending Columbia she studied abroad in Wuhan, China for three months. She studied the Chinese language, characters and culture as well as traveled to Beijing and Shanghai.
- Currently, Mara is the Public Relations and Visitor Services Coordinator at the Ella Sharp Museum in Jackson, MI. She is the Granddaughter of Lynne Loftis, former executive director of the museum. Loftis is the biggest inspiration in her life. She also bartends and waitresses at the Beach Bar & Restaurant. She loves Jackson and being involved with the community.
- Mara spends her time with friends and family and enjoys traveling and good music among many other things.