- Attended JCC after high school, graduating in 1968.
- Transferred to Central Michigan University, where she completed her bachelor’s degree in education in 1970.
- Completed additional coursework at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Was a teacher for several years in Chesterfield County Public Schools, Virginia.
- Is a founding parent of the Millwood School in Midlothian, Virginia. She is also a philanthropist, supporting the East West Foundation.
- Has traveled extensively and is married with two children.
“Man’s mind, stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Homes”