- Graduated from Michigan Center High School in 1965 and Jackson Community College with an Associate Degree in 1967. Graduated from University of Michigan with a BBA in 1969 and MBA in 1970.
- Civic participation includes Board Membership with Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Big Brother Jackson Y-Center, Ella Sharp Museum, Jackson Symphony Orchestra, Allegiance Health and the First United Methodist Church. Was a John George Student Loan Fund Trustee and a volunteer coach for Western School District.
- Married to Nancy Jackson Evanson (JCC-1968/U of M-1970) and has two children, Theresa and Carl.
- Giving Philosophy: “Share, because it could be you in need.”
- Foundation for success includes parents, grandparents, teachers, coaches and Nancy’s support and partnership through life.
“Good things happen to those who do good deeds.”