Securing a Clinical Site
If you have a hospital or ultrasound lab who is interested in hosting you as a student for one of Jackson College’s Sonography Programs you will need to:
- Ask the Supervisor or Manager of the ultrasound lab to complete these two forms and submit them back to the Allied Health Office via mail or fax 517.768.7004:
The deadline for submission of these documents to the Allied Health Office:
- Cardiac Sonography – August 31
- General Sonography – January 31
- Vascular Sonography – May 31
- Once the Characteristics of Clinical Education Center and the Summary Curriculum Vitae Form are filled out and received by the Allied Health Office, they will be reviewed to determine if this facility meets the standards for the Jackson College’s accredited sonography program. If the standards are met then:
- Jackson College will contact the Supervisor or Manager of the ultrasound lab to learn if they are willing to commit to hosting a JC student for a sonography program.
- This facility will be asked to enter into an Education Agreement with Jackson College. (This process is handled by the Allied Health Office and Jackson College’s Legal Affairs Office).
- For more information about Jackson College’s sonography programs and to learn about the Clinical Site’s responsibilities review the Clinical Site Fact Sheet.
Please download the DMS Advising Fact Sheet, print a copy, sign the last page, and return it to Student Services, or fax it to 517.796.8631.
Due to the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), at this time we cannot offer online courses and/or clinical externships in the following states: California, Florida and Massachusetts. If you can only attend a clinical externship (a requirement of all DMS programs) in the states listed above, and you are unable to relocate to a participating SARA state, you will be unable to complete a degree in any of our DMS program offerings. If you are willing to relocate to a SARA member state, please contact the Allied Health office at 517.768.7007.