2017 National Electrical Code Update Course
All State of Michigan licensed Journey and Master electricians are required to complete a State of Michigan approved NEC update course for 2020 license renewals.
In just 15 hours, this State of Michigan approved 2017 NEC update course includes an explanation of all changes to the National Electric Code, the Michigan Residential Code, and Part 8 Rules of the Construction Code Act. During this course, you will learn safe electrical design, installation, and inspection processes to protect consumers and businesses from hazards.
All Applicants Must
- Already be a licensed electrician
- Bring a copy of their electrician license to class
- Bring a 2017 NEC Codebook
What Will I Learn?
- Electrical safety
- Grounding and bonding
- Transformer protection
- General equipment installation practices
- Conductor and overcurrent protection
- Writing methods and raceway fill
- Motors and HVAC equipment
- Wiring methods and protection
- Electrical circuits and circuit protection