Computer Support Specialist
Complete in as little as One Semester!
Computer support specialists provide technical assistance, support and advice to individuals and organizations that depend on information technology. They work within organizations that use computer systems, for computer hardware or software vendors, or for third-party information technology (IT) organizations that provide support on a contract basis, such as help-desk service firms.
Students completing this certificate may find jobs as a Computer Support Specialist, Computer Technician, Desktop Support Technician, Help Desk Technician, and much more! The skills learned in this program may also help those already working in businesses and organizations looking to expand their skill levels to help with technology issues.
Sample Key Topics
- Basic computer theory
- Hardware and Software repair
- Printer fundamentals
- Fundamental networking concepts
- Installation and configuration of Linux
- Safeguarding computer networks
- Network security
Computer Support Specialist Program Highlights
- Pay ranges from $34,930 to $96,850, with a median wage of $59,090
- The job outlook for computer support specialists’ projects about 15% growth in the jobs available through the year 2020
- Ideal for both entry level career changes or for expanding current skills
- Learn the skills necessary for Security+ certification
- Helps prepare students for industry recognized certifications from CompTIA, including A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+