Complete in as little as four months!
Launch your career in the emergency medical field with the EMT-Basic program. Participants will receive the information and experience necessary to prepare for the National Registry Basic EMT Certification exam. Participate in real-world scenarios, along with laboratory and clinical involvement.
Emergency medical personnel provide health care to patients in times of crisis and emergency, then transport them to medical facilities. This course is approved by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS). Participants must complete a minimum of 32 clinical hours in a hospital emergency room setting and with a pre-hospital life support agency.
This program is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
EMT Program Highlights
- Classroom and clinical lab learning, computer-based testing will be included
- Learn to provide medical care to patients in times of crisis and emergency
- Work opportunities include ambulance services, government units,
hospitals, private services
Sample Key Topics Include
- The Human Body’s Systems and Structure
- Patient Assessment after Trauma
- Emergency Situations
- Removing Individuals from Motor Collisions
- Spine & Joint Movement Restrictions for Trauma Patients
- Shock Management and Cardiac Arrest
- Administering Injections