Microsoft Office Specialist
Complete in as little as eight months!
The Microsoft® Office Specialist Certificate is designed to help you launch into a professional office career. Recognizing the increasingly important role of computers in business, this program is designed to assist in developing skills and mastering Microsoft® Office applications.
Prepare for employment in entry-level positions, such as office professionals, help desk technicians and administrative assistants. Participants will utilize Microsoft® programs, including Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Outlook® and Access®, to create reports, budgets, spreadsheets, presentations, data manipulations, and more. Combine technology skills with creativity, collaboration and problem-solving to perform business operations.
Microsoft Office Specialist Program Highlights
- Wages start at about $25,500 per year, with median wages of $42,000 per year.
- Job outlook for office clerks is expected to increase about 6 percent in coming years; employment of secretaries is expected to grow 13 percent; and employment of help desk technicians is expected to grow 20 percent.
- Participants who begin with this certificate may advance to the Executive Assistant Associate in Applied Science degree.
- Upon completion, students will be eligible to test with Microsoft for software certifications.
Microsoft Office Specialist Topics Include
- Learn how to use Microsoft Office applications
- Use applications together for real-life business tasks
- Utilize web/cloud features to increase social media skills
- Prepare for Microsoft certifications