Men of Merit
About Men of Merit
Jackson College’s Men of Merit is a service and leadership initiative whose mission is to inspire members to stay in college, advance academically, serve their community and become the men they dream to be.
Jackson College’s Men of Merit is a first-class student leadership organization whose focus is establishing a community of support and brotherhood which promotes service learning, academic achievement, networking, accountability and personal and professional development of males of color.
JC Men of Merit is open to all JC male students. Members are expected to be committed to their academic success, professional development and available to attend Men of Merit meetings and functions.
- To develop strong African American male student leadership
- To increase their engagement in the college experience
- To increase retention rates
- To increase academic productivity
- To promote service learning
- To strengthen public speaking ability
Yearly Events Include
- Mentoring elementary, middle, and high school students
- Networking: Meeting your business owners and elected and community leaders
- Speaking engagements at community events
- Community service projects
- Study sessions (one-on-one/group)
- Contact Men of Merit
Men of Merit
- Thursdays at 12 – 1 p.m., Bert Walker Hall Room 205
Men of Merit and Sisters of Strength
- Bi-weekly: Mondays from 12 – 1 p.m., Bert Walker Hall Room 216
- Weekly: Tuesdays from 9 – 10 p.m., Bert Walker Hall Room 144-145