The concert is themed “trending,” recognizing trends dating back to the Baroque era, all the way up to trends of the last half-century and features:
- Handel’s “Music for the Royal Fireworks.”
- Verdi’s “La Donna e Mobile” featuring vocalist Larry Shaltis.
- Mussorgsky/ponicelli: music from “Fantasia,” complete with movie footage.
- A tribute to comedy/musician Spike Jones
- The disco trend: “I will Survive/Disco Inferno”
- Rhythm and Blues trend: “Blues Brothers Medley”
- American piano-rock trend: “Billy Joel Medley,” featuring trombone ensemble, sax feature, piano, and vocals by Lucas VanZandt.
- And finally…a tribute to Queen with a tremendous arrangement of “Bohemian Rhapsody.”