HealthWise Screening Event
August 3, 2018
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Jackson College Central Campus
Jackson College will present the HealthWise Screening Event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 3 in the Health Laboratory Center on the Jackson Central Campus.
HealthWise provides an opportunity for community members to choose from a variety of health screening services available free of charge. A variety of services will be offered.
Free Screenings – by appointment
Free screenings that are offered by appointment only include:
- Sports Physicals
- Vascular Screenings – Carotid Artery Stenosis, Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AA)
- Venous Insufficiency Screenings– If you suffer from: leg swelling; varicose veins, feeling of heaviness in legs
- Oral Cancer Screening
You may also call 517.990.1374 to schedule your appointment.
Free Screenings – no appointment
Free screenings (no appointment necessary) including:
- Blood pressure
- Glucose testing
- Diabetic foot
- Pulmonary function
- Cholesterol testing by Henry Ford Allegiance Health & Jackson College
- Healthy Snacks
- Heart Healthy Walk
Additional Free Services
Additional free services:
- Beltone Hearing tests
- Sacred Touch Massage chair massages
- Jackson College Oasis tours and information on mental health.
Services will be performed by Jackson College students, supervised by registered technologists and college faculty. Community partners include Henry Ford Allegiance Health and Beltone Hearing. In addition, there will be healthy snacks and beverages, and a walk for your health route. For more information, contact Heather Ruttkofsky, program director for vascular sonography, at 517.796.8531.